Nutritional Coaching and Health Counseling
One of the cornerstones of our Medical Weight Loss program is regular check-ins for Nutritional Coaching and Health Counseling. Losing weight and making big changes to dieting routines are no easy tasks. And for many patients, these weekly monitoring sessions are often the difference between success and failure. These are simple, nonjudgemental guidance sessions geared to assist each client in reaching prescribed, individual goals.
We strongly encourage our medical weight loss clients to keep a journal logging their daily meals and exercise. A daily weight loss journal can be invaluable in charting progress and identifying areas of concern. During counseling sessions, one of our professionals reviews the journal together with you to assess where improvements or modifications might be needed and identify successful trends. Soon, the picture of what needs to be done becomes much more clear to patients. We expect that the end result is an overhaul of lifestyle and creation of healthier habits that will have you looking and feeling and performing better.
Going above and beyond
Some patients manage to hit the ground running with the lifestyle adjustment needed to shed pounds. In those cases, nutritional coaching sessions are the perfect time to raise expectations and set newer, even loftier goals. Many people do not yet know what they are capable of until they have taken that first leap forward. That initial push can jumpstart a mountainous wave of momentum, that we hope to help inspire.
Regardless of scenario, these sessions serve as the perfect opportunity to re-calibrate routines on a weekly basis and ensure that your goals are realized. Seeing patients achieve their intended weight loss and better body composition is the primary purpose of the entire staff at South Valley OrthoMed.
8 Health Tips from South Valley OrthoMed
We sincerely want our readers and client base to start living and feeling better. To that end we offer 8 Health Tips that can propel you towards your desired goals.
- Drink Enough Water – Good hydration is the foundation of good health. The body is, on average, 60% water, and every system in your body depends on water. Stay hydrated!
- Eat More Leafy Greens – Leafy greens are often foods frequently mission in modern diets. They are nutrient dense and are one of the richest sources of vitamins and fiber.
- Include Quality Protein Daily – Protein provides the structural core of the body. It helps stabilize blood sugar, promotes cell growth and repair, assists in hormone production, cell metabolism, fluid balance, and immune system maintenance. A mantra that we could all live by is: Substitute Protein for Starch and Sugar.
- Eat Whole Grains Instead of Processed Foods – Whole grains such as brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and oats are an excellent source of nutrition. Because the body absorbs slowly, they provide sustained and high-quality energy.
- Move Your Body – Movement aids many of our body’s natural functions, such as digestion and circulation and can boost the immune system, strengthen muscles and improve heart and lung function. And EXERSISE is the one activity that has been shown to significantly prolong lifespan.
- Manage Your Stress – Negative stress impacts our health in many ways, including weakening the immune system. Find ways to calm an overactive mind and body. Consult our Yoga expert for suggestions. Negative STRESS will shorten lifespan.
- Eat Mindfully – Instead of the mindless hand to mouth munching while working on the computer, watching TV, or out running errands, THINK! At the dinner table slow down, chew well and ENJOY. Notice when you have had enough, rather than finishing everything on the plate and becoming full. And remember the old cruise ship proverb: A buffet is not a competition.
- Keep a Positive Attitude – Thoughts and feelings are very powerful biochemical reactions and can have physical side-effects. Positivity can lead to good emotional and physical health, while negativity has a host of adverse consequences.
Select a date and time below to schedule your FREE medical weight loss consultation.