Growth Hormone Therapy
What is Growth Hormone?
Growth Hormone is one of the most important hormones of the body. It is produced in a small gland in the center of the brain known as the pituitary. Growth Hormone acts on many body systems. It helps:
- Increase muscle production for leaner body mass
- Improve protein synthesis and glucose regulation
- Increase fat breakdown for leaner body composition
- Improve immune system to fight disease
- Increase calcium retention, for bone production and repair
- Improve skin elasticity and thickness
- Enable T4 to T3 conversion thus improving thyroid function
Symptoms of Low Growth Hormone levels include
- Loss of Vitality & Energy
- Overall Body & Muscle Weakness
- Decreased Motor Coordination & Endurance
- Increased Risk of Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Reduced Mental Clarity
- Thin Skin
How is Growth Hormone controlled?
But there are numerous factors that can affect Growth Hormone secretion from the pituitary, namely, Diet, Exercise, Stress, Sleep Deprivation, Hormone Imbalance and, most commonly, Aging. As we age our natural HGH supply dwindles. In fact, the above-mentioned symptoms of low HGH can read as a primer of age-related decline and an increase in fragility.
In recent years Human Growth Hormone (HGH) has been a fashionable Performance Enhancing Drug (PED) for athletes. So, prescription of the injectable form, Somatotropin, has been very closely regulated and is only available to individuals with significantly low levels of circulating hormone as shown in blood studies.
Alternatives to Human Growth Hormone
If blood studies are clearly abnormal, then injectable HGH (somatotropin) can be and is prescribed in our clinic. But it is expensive. An oral alternative is Sermorelin, a compound similar in structure to Growth Hormone Releasing Factor (GHRF). Sermorelin has been shown to stimulate the pituitary to produce HGH. Sermorelin was initially approved by the FDA to treat children with low HGH but it can legitimately be used off-label to optimize Growth Hormone levels of adult patients. And Sermorelin is much more affordable.
Consequences of Growth Hormone Therapy
Growth Hormone is often call the anti-aging drug. It acts directly to combat what medical providers call “The Fragility Syndrome”. Once HGH levels have been restored and optimized, numerous health benefits become immediately apparent:
- Weight Loss, specifically, Belly Fat
- Increased Lean Body Mass (muscle)
- Improved Sleep Pattern and Duration
- Lowerd Blood Glucose Levels
- Improved Mental Clarity
- Enhanced Skin Elasticity and Thickness
- Increased Energy and Vitality
So, if the symptoms fit your profile, come in for a hormone therapy evaluation and blood test to determine how we can help you Look Good, Feel Good, and Perform.
CONTACT US at 801-566-4242